2 August 2010

scherenschnitte patterns

Today I had a quick go and creating some more scherenschnitte patterns. Last time, I traced details from architecture in my photographs, to laser cut for cards. Today I traced iconic silhouettes from my photographs to make a row of images to repeat. If I were to spend a bit more time on them, I think they could be really good. I would like to use the same method with other subject matter, like tea & cakes or flowers & plants, and try alternative colour ways. I think the ones with more feminine subject matter will turn out looking like lace, which is always a good thing!
...watch this space!
(images: man playing alpine horn, pocket watch, chalet, fork sculpture as seen in the lake at Vevey, Swiss Army knife, Chapel Bridge in Luzern, mountain flowers.)

No comments: